Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where Does All the Money Go?


All the money goes here. This is the Mountain Equipment Company store in Calgary (think REI on steroids). We visit at least once a week. So far, we have bought 3 backpacks, 2 cans of bear spray, a steripen water purifier, 6 Nalgene bottles, 9 maps, 2 guidebooks, 3 pairs of lightweight nylon pants, a first aid kit and 3 shirts. There could be more, but I just don't remember. Hiking itself is not expensive. Going to MEC is.

Do you want to know what they don't sell at MEC? A helmet big enough to fit C's head. I gues a 7 5/8 hat size is not that common in Calgary.

1 comment:

Girl Detective said...

Yeah, my husband has to special order hats from the internet because his head is too big, too. I think one of my friends had a baby whose head was two whole centimeters smaller than my kids'.

Birthing the child of a large-headed man: no walk in the park.