Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Biblioracle Has Spoken

I was going to take it easy this summer. Now that the Biblioracle has spoken and I have joined Girl Detective's summer reading group and I have been doing some research to help pick book club choices for next year, my reading list has exploded ...

Shelf Discovery - Girl Detective
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle - Biblioracle Recommendation
Everything Matters!! - Biblioracle Recommendation to someone else
Stoner - Biblioracle Recommendation to someone else
Journey to the End of the Night - Biblioracle Recommendation to someone else
One Shot at Forever - ???
Danny, the Champion of the World - Girl Detective
Tiger Eyes - Girl Detective
I am the Cheese - Girl Detective
Jacob Have I Loved - Girl Detective
Black Swan Green - Biblioracle Recommendation to someone else
Devil in the White City - recommended by my golf partner
Billy Lynn's Long Half-Time Walk - Biblioracle Recommendation to someone else

What do you want to read this summer?

2 comments:

Girl Detective said...

Don't you just simultaneously hate (and love) the exploding reading list? For book groups, I've got nine books, plus Shelf Discovery and whatever I can cram in for the books related to that. It will be challenging.

FYI, I loved Black Swan Green, Edgar Sawtelle, I Am the Cheese, and Jacob Have I Loved, so I think you've got some winners.

Amy said...

Black Swan Green is awesome. I'm a total David Mitchell groupie. And I'm so looking forward to revisiting some of my childhood favorites--seems like the perfect summer project.