Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Words I Never Thought I Would Say

On Monday, a friend of mine was murdered.

My already fragile heart has now been smashed into a million pieces.

I spoke to this friend just a few weeks ago.  I told him we missed him.  I thank God for that time.

Please, please ... tell your friends how much they mean to you.  Hug your kids.  Embrace your spouse.  Call you brother or sister or mom or dad.  Send your grandmother a card.


Do it for Pat.


There are no dress rehearsals.

And let me say now ... I don't know you all.  But each of you who leaves a comment often brings a small moment of joy into my day.  Thanks.  


They murderer is in custody and has confessed.  In the state of Texas, this premeditated act should get a life sentence.  It doesn't matter.  It won't bring Pat back to his family.

2 comments:

Book Dragon said...

thank you for the reminder.

sending {{{hugs}}} and tissues

Amy said...

I'm so sorry. I lost a friend to murder years ago, and while no death is easy, there's something especially heartbreaking about this. Many hugs to you.